TechBlo.com - Technology Views, Reviews, and News
Read This Article In Your Language!

Sunday, March 18

TORRENTS - RUBBISH DATA DROPPED !!!

Hmm,,,,Torrents!! Been hooked to this for a while ?

But this is not as easy as the P2P technology. It needs a lot of learning, a lot of
understanding. Sometimes trouble shooting can get u mad. Well after all these
slogging, torrents get the best of Internet. Information should be available to one
and all. When people like to share, they share. So that is the motto of torrents.
Sometimes Torrents, rather Companies like Metadata bug u by not allowing u to
finish your download. You must have come across this - " xx MB Of Rubbish
Data Dropped"

Well this is what I have learnt...
I think you are being sent rubbish data from companies like Meta Data. I started
a download and found that I had downloaded about 2/3 times the amount of data
than what was needed.

By this time I was suspicious about the happening. I went through the peer lists
and found many of ip's that were very similar in nature and only being different
by 1/2 digits.

This is what made me realize I was being fed rubbish data. Rubbish data is fed, I
believe to keep your torrent client ON for weeks together to gain your IP
address and to gain your system resources. This might jeopardize your PC
Security.

So I searched, and bumped into a software called "Peer Guardian 2" and it started to block IP's that were known to be hazardous to my downloads. The downloads finished in the next 20/30 mins once PG started blocking those rogue IPs.

Its just been a short time now I'm using PG, I need to evaluate it more before I start recommending it to you people. You can try at your own risk.!

 

Recent Posts